As part of the No-show Report: 1,000,000 Passengers Analysed, we have ascertained the average volume of passenger assistance requests by SSR type across 7 European Airports, the following breakdowns are found:
- WCHR – Whereby wheelchair assistance is required; the passenger can walk short distances – represented by 49% of passengers.
- WCHS – Whereby weelchair assistances is required; the passenger can walk short distances, but not up or down stairs – represented by 35% of passengers.
- WCHC – A wheelchair is needed, the passenger cannot walk any distance and needs the aisle chair to board the aircraft – respresented by 7% of passengers.
- BLND – the passenger is blind or has reduced vision – represented by 3% of passengers.
- DEAF- The passenger is dead or hard of hearing – represented by 2% of passengers.
- DPNA – A disabled passenger with intellectual or developmental disibility needing assistance – representing 1% of passengers
- OTHER – other type of assistance needed – represented by 3% of passengers